My remote Perseus receiver was no longer working
A few weeks later I was at my remote site and tried to find the problem.
I noticed that the led's on the Perseus front panel were a bit
weak and even seemed to flicker.
At home I first measured the power supply and found this one
I then first tested the Perseus hardware using another power
supply and this responded normally.
I opened the power supply and found that there were four
capacitors, two for the high voltage part and two for the low voltage part.
I unsoldered the low voltage capacitor and measured the
capacity and ESR value.
After that I also unsoldered the second low voltage capacitor which showed an ESR of 1.9 Ohm.
I also replaced this one for a new capacitor and than I tested the power supply on the Perseus hardware and it was working fine again.
The new capacitors were a bit larger than the old ones so I
had to make a small modification on the housing
After all the repair was not to bad, and as with many switched
mode power supplies